India is home to a wide spectrum of temperature and weather changes, thanks to the number of seasons we are blessed with. Just like every season calls for caution when it comes to our health, it also demands precautions when it comes to our car windshield.
For your Hyundai Santro Xing Front Glass, the scorching heat of summer is as bad as the severe humidity of monsoons. Lack of proper care makes it prone to damage in any season. And even though the repair might be easy at times but in an unfortunate case you might end up replacing it entirely while paying the whole Santro Xing front glass price which is not going to be less than a few thousand rupees. To avoid such situations and inconveniences, and keep the car glass well maintained, let’s discuss the precautions we can take in every season.
The Summer heat might not be causing chips or cracks directly, but it can surely worsen and spread the little damage that your Santro Xing windshield might already have.
- Ensure that your AC is not blasted up as the temperature variation between the exterior and interior of the vehicle might put your windshield under some unexpected pressure which can also lead to cracks.
- It is best to keep the car parked in shade than be exposed to direct sunlight for long hours.
- If your windshield is already cracked, be easy on the doors to avoid putting added pressure on the front glass.
The freezing temperature of winters is the worst for your front glass. It makes the windshield vulnerable to cracks and further breakdowns.
- Never turn the defroster too high, as your windshield must warm up slowly whenever you put your car to use.
- Avoid using boiling water to warm up the front glass as the sudden shift in temperature can cause the windshield to expand which can further lead to complete breakdown because of extreme pressure.
This is the season which puts your windshield to true test. It might be raining everyday where you live and as you might be familiar, the rain drops also reduce the visibility. Excessive usage of windshield wipers can lead to scratches in such a case.
- Make sure your interiors are clean and dry to avoid any formation of mold on or near the glass.
- It’s best to avoid using your car entirely in case of severe weather conditions like hailstorms.
- Replace your Santro Xing windshield wipers every six months and before the monsoon season.
The slight shifts in temperatures might make you happy every now and then but now you know that every such shift comes with enough hazards to make your windshield prone to something or the other. Fortunately, you always have the option of car glass repair or replacement to rely upon.