It is absolutely essential if you have been injured in an accident that you seek out sound legal advice, so that you understand your rights and so that you can make the right decision with regards to making a claim, for both you and your family.
Get Advice from Accident Advice Helpline
If you are looking for free and valuable personal injury advice following an accident, look no further than Accident Advice Helpline’s helpline for UK accident.
This helpline is free and it is offered with 100 per cent no obligation. The helpline is staffed by experienced and compassionate claims advisors who specialise in providing advice to people following road traffic accidents, accidents in the workplace, industrial accidents and all other types of accident. You can call the helpline on 0800 180 4123 for answers to all your claims-related questions, and to get valuable advice.
Making the Most of your Phone
To get the best possible advice, we recommend having some information to hand when you call a helpline. This will enable the claims advisor you speak to provide relevant advice:
Have the following information to hand:
- The date your accident happened: If you know the exact date of your accident then write it down so that you don’t forget it when you call. If you are unsure of the exact date, then make the best possible guess you can within a few weeks of the accident;
- How your accident happened: A helpline needs to know if you were partly responsible not responsible for your accident, so that they may provide advice regarding how strong your claim is and how much compensation you can claim;
- Details on any evidence that you have: Helplines can provide a better estimate for how strong your claim is if they know what evidence you have. Video footage, pictures and witness statements are all great pieces of evidence;
- Details about your injuries: Helplines need to know what your injuries are to provide an estimated pay-out. Write down a list of your injuries and describe how they have affected your life, to get a more accurate pay-out based on your circumstances.
With this information, your claims advisor will be able to answer the following questions:
- Am I eligible for compensation?
- How strong is my claim?
- How much compensation could I claim (estimate)?
- How long will it take to get my compensation (estimate)?
- Who will my claim be against?
- Can I also claim for emotional distress?
With this information, you will know where you stand legally and you will be able to make an informed decision with regards to making your personal injury claim.