Yoga is a perfect exercise, and something that has been scrutinized for thousands of years. Experts claim that it is far older than they previously imagined, and although there are estimates, no one knows how old this mystic discipline has been around. But no expert disputes the usefulness of the yoga.
Yoga doesn’t uniformly lay stress on all exercises – some like Pranayama and Surya Namaskara (Sun salutation) have prominent importance; and while there is a little scope of you messing up in Pranayama (as there is only one ground rule – to breath properly). One can make mistakes in Sun Salutation. Hence it is important to ensure that the practice is observed with great care and diligence.
Ensure that you Observe the following things to sail through Sun Salutation:
- Be prepared: It is all in mind. Listen to your body and see if it permits you to stretch. There is a common misconception among people who think that somehow yoga can be forced on body. It is untrue, because yoga is only done with harmony, and you need to ensure that body is prepared for it before you start
- Warm up: Any exercise, no matter how different needs it, sun salutation needs stretching and it does impart pressure on delicate muscles. Hence you must always warm up before Surya Namaskar.
- Direction: It is pretty simple, as the name suggests, it is related to sun, and hence you must do it in the direction of sun, which is east in the morning and west in the evening. It is important to make sure that you do it in the direction of the sun to get the most out of sun salutation.
- Be aware:Buddha said it, Krishna said it, and every authority on yoga says it. Awareness it the most important aspect of yoga, and hence that of sun salutation. Observe your body, feel your muscles and even your breathing and see that it is in the harmony to each other – that’s what Yoga is. If you find it difficult to aware or concentrate, try chanting something, a favorite song, mantra etc.
- Let things go: If mantra, songs etc nothing works for you, then let things go, just be still and concentrate on sun salutation, it is absolutely fine, it is on the contrary great because you would be able to figure out the difference in your awareness levels over a period of time.
- Breathing: Every pose is affected by breathing and you must ensure that you breathe right. As with everything about yoga, you must never ever force yourself to change your breathing pattern. You may though inhale and exhale for an extended duration of time.
- Repeat: As many times as you want, you can make it 3,7,11 etc, it totally depends on you, and your body, as said earlier, be sure that you don’t push yourself beyond the limits.
These things will help you do a perfect sun salutation, however if you would like to have an amazing yoga experience or get into yoga classes, then UrbanClap company can help you find yoga classes.
The yoga instructors that it helps you find are well trained and will work as per your requirements, you can either opt for a class, or get yoga instructor at home.
And the best part is that you wouldn’t need to pay anything to UrbanClap. Sometimes they even come up with loads of promotions, so you can participate in that too.
Ultimately investing in health reaps great benefits. And you should start off early to get the most out of it.