Ample of varieties are available in the market for smartphone covers. Some are designed for serving ultimate protection to the device; whereas some of them are made up with the purpose to flaunt the style.
One of the biggest mistakes people do is, they would start by surfing for “tempting HTC cell phone cases” and consider looks of it before buying. You should not forget to contemplate material of it which would eventually protect the phone and assure about its durability.
When we talk about materials used for manufacturing of phone cases; plastic and silicone are the most common among all. Plenty of covers made up of these two types are prominently used among the audience at large. For instance, you can explore the Miniturtle which offers a broad range of choices.
Silicone Cover: It is created from silicone and it tends to be soft. This material is naturally found in quartz and sand.
Plastic Cover: It is made up of several types of plastic, among which major ones are polyurethane, polycarbonate, and polypropylene. When the first one is used for creating a phone case, it can be either hard or soft; whereas rest of the two produces hard one.
Now that manufacturing of both the types is clear to you; it is thoroughly dependent upon you to select a cover that suits the most to your phone and personality. For better convenience, let us take a look at the advantages and drawbacks of each type of material.
- Protection: If you are the one who gets a phone case with the purpose to protect your phone, then choosing plastic cover would be the smartest choice. Particularly, the plastic case made up of polycarbonate is one of the toughest one. It has better potential than silicone for protecting the smartphone from any malicious damage.
- Weight: When lightweight is the primary concern, then selecting silicone phone case would serve your purpose evidently as it is less bulky than the plastic ones. Moreover, sleekness of silicone would allow you flexibility and attractiveness.
- Grip: Phone cases made up of hard plastic often tends to slip from hands. Whereas, silicone ones are easy for gripping. This way you can analyze your phone usage and select the best one for you because you won’t afford to damage your phone by slipping through your fingers.
- Customized Phone Cases: Getting a custom design on your smartphone cover is one of the best ways to add a personal touch to it. If you are the one who adores holding one-of-a-kind phone case, then it is advisable to opt for plastic over silicone ones. Doing so, you can get all the creative features on it which would fascinate you the most.
- Durability: If you drop hard, slim plastic cover from a certain height, there are high chances that it might get cracks on it. Whereas, silicone phone case won’t get damaged when experiences a high fall. Therefore, it is highly recommended to select a smartphone cover which is strong enough to protect your phone. For this purpose, you can either opt for soft plastic or silicone case, but don’t go for hard one which is extra slim or else you would end up breaking your heart by devastating your expensive device.
- Maintenance: No matter how many benefits phone case made up of silicone holds, one of the biggest drawbacks is lint attraction. Be it dust or lint from your clothes; all little stuff would stick to it. Whereas, this is the not the case with the smartphone covers made up of plastic.
Here ends the clarification of both the types of phone cases, now it completely depends on you to select the best one. Ensure that you opt for the one after analyzing your needs, usage, and personality