Physiotherapy or physical therapy as it is known tends to involve treatment of disorders, disabilities and diseases through evaluation, diagnosing and treatment by making use of physical treatments. To treat different diseases and disability types, various kinds of physiotherapy exercise equipment is being used by professional physical therapists. Such equipments are called physiotherapy equipments. The machines and equipments, which are commonly sold in the market, are used mainly for completing daily tasks without any effort and to avoid pain that is generally involved in any kind of procedure. Different therapies are generally used for healing the different body parts.
Knowledge on Physiotherapy Machines
The therapist might need different equipments and machines for treating various disability types. Few of the important equipment types are mentioned below:
- UBE (Upper Body Ergometer): This equipment is considered to be somewhat similar to that of stationary bikes when it comes to appearance. UBE is used mainly for healing and strengthening the arms, shoulders and upper parts of the body. Stationary bikes have been used mainly for strengthening the legs.
- Exercise equipment: On of the widely and commonly used form of physical therapy is said to be exercises of different types. It is for this reason, therapists make use of variety of exercise machines for healing muscle and bone disability and disorder. Exercise bikes, treadmills, elliptical trainer and pedal exerciser are few of the common physiotherapy equipment type to be used in many of the hospitals and therapy clinics, across the globe.
- Balance chair and ball: It is among the most useful types of equipments for conducting physical therapy and is very much essential for patients who are exercising to get fit and normal. It does help the spine and body to be in appropriate alignment when performing exercises. The chair is designed ergonomically for preventing any kind of muscle strains at the time of exercising using balance ball.
- Mobility equipments: Different mobility equipments are being used for providing treatment with physical therapy. Such equipments are used commonly by the professional therapists for improving the patient’s strength, coordination and balance and mobility. Staircase trainer can be termed to be a vital mobility machine which assists in regaining mobility and strength of the body’s lower portion. Also, parallel bars are utilized for improving range of motion and strength.
- Trampoline: The equipments also tend to include mini-portable trampoline that is essential especially by patients to perform different therapy sessions. Its adjustable and comfortable incline is what is considered to be a major advantage for patients. Depending upon specific requirements, it could be adjusted. This equipment is used mainly for strengthening the leg muscles and assists patients affected with injuries on the leg.
- Cold and hot therapy equipments: This type of equipment does help to get relief from immense pain that could arise from arthritis and inflammation. It improves post-surgical recoveries. Sitting and standing whirlpools get used in such therapies for strengthening and healing the limb. Pain can also be relieved by using heating pads. Cold compressors available in wrap form can help to diminish swelling in knees and elbows.
These are few of the equipments used for physiotherapy by professionals to treat their patients.
Author’s Bio: The author is currently working with medicalbazzar.com and offers plenty of information to his readers, related to medical equipments.