Today, MBA is one of the most sought after courses in India. It is, however, essential to keep in mind that the MBA program and B-school you apply for can help open doors to a good career. Students need to select B-schools based on the school’s reputation, teaching style, and placement record. Hence, below are given the top 5 B-schools you must consider before applying for an MBA programme.
- INSEAD – The chhotu-sa town (in comparison to France) of Fontainebleau came on to the global map and junta started getting inquisitive (with questions like ‘how the heck do you pronounce the name of the school and the town?’) because of this one institution. With a campus in Singapore, it’s spread its wings into Asia.
- Indian School of Business (ISB) – Let’s go beyond patriotic rhetoric and accept the fact that this is the best international B-school (being unapologetically judgemental here) we have back home that can compete with the international old-timers out there. It’s cracked into the top rankings in a very short time and we’ve got high hopes for our strongest desi contender. Give it time and breathing space, though, as others in the same league have had a long run-up to reach where they are.
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA) – After proving their mettle in the traditional two-year MBA space, they’ve now moved into the one-year MBA domain – through their post-graduate programme for executives (PGPX) and cracked into the Financial Times ranking of elite international schools. The idea-leverage a prestigious brand and some world-class resources (including some superstar professors and strong industry connections) to reinvent the management education game by customizing it for the experienced professional.
- National University of Singapore (NUS) – An Asian programme that allows Indian applicants to learn management in an international setting without burning a huge hole in their pocket, at least in relative terms. The low investment and attractive returns makes it quite popular among Indian applicants.
- Booth School of Business – The University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business was founded in the year 1898. It is the second-oldest business school in the world. The business school believes in transforming students into confident, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Seven of its faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for their ideas. It is mandatory for the applicants of this B-school to clear GMAT or GRE and English proficiency tests such as TOEFL and IELTS with good scores.