Nainital is one of the most frequented hill stations in India. Known for its quaint charm and exquisite beauty, Nainital offers a welcome respite from the daily hustle bustle of a city life. So, if you yourself are planning a trip to this lovely place then there are a few things that you definitely need to keep in mind.
Wondering what they are? Well, here they are for your reference:
- Though there are plenty of hotels and resorts in nainital, you must book your rooms in advance even when travelling in what you might think are off seasons. Nainital in general has a pleasant weather throughout the year apart from the winter months and hence you have people travelling to this hill station all the time. So, to be on the safe side, keep your rooms booked from before.
- The next thing that you need to keep in mind is for how long should you plan your trip to Nainital. Generally, it suffices if one plans for a trip for a couple of nights here. However, if there are a number of activities that you wish to try out when in Nainital then you should definitely extend your stay here. The duration of your stay will be determined by how you want to explore Nainital.
- Always remember that if you want to experience some of the most beautiful sites of Nainital then you might have to trek. So, carry your trekking shoes with you and be prepared to trek some long miles to reach a place. The Snow View Point is one such place where people trek miles to reach. The view that this point offers is worth all the trouble and toil and totally makes up for it. This is something that you can try out when in Nainital.
- Talk to the staff of the luxury hotel in nainital where you will be staying and arrange for a private transport for the days you will be there. There are a lot of places to visit both in and around Nainital which is worth a visit and hence a transport at all times will come extremely in handy. Make sure that you get information about the local rates from beforehand so that you are not charged exorbitantly extra.
- When you are in Nainital, one thing that you should be very conscious of is the water. This is true of any other place that you will visit. You certainly do not want to run the risk of falling sick when travelling, so have mineral bottled water only. Check the seal before having the water. Do not drink water from taps on the roadside.
- Last but not the least, pack according to the season of visit. Even during the summer months carry light woollens since the evenings get rather chilly. Make sure you have plenty of scarves and jackets with you to protect you against the wind.
Thus, when you are gearing up for your trip to Nainital, do keep these pointers in mind to ensure that you have a safe and well planned trip!