NCERT conducts a state level scholarship exam for the meritorious students which is known as National Talent Search Examination or commonly abbreviated as NTSE. Earlier, different state boards had announced the entrance exam application forms on 3rd August, 2016. The application form for stage 1 examination of the entrance exam has already been announced. The application forms have been invited by each state and UT in online mode only which also involves the payment of fees. Candidates can even obtain the application form by contacting the State and UT officer. After filling the application form, the candidates need to get it signed from the principal of the school. The candidates are required to submit the application form with the payment of the application fee to State or UT officer.
This exam has been conducted in a three day window across the country which was November 5, 6 and 13, 2016.
Different states and Union Territories have announced different dates for the release and conduct of examination for the candidates who have applied for the scholarship. The deadline for the submission of the form of the scholarship exam is declared by respective state separately and it may vary from state to state.
NTSE Exam is a national level exam and scholarship program which is conducted by NCERT and students class 10th are eligible to appear for the exam.
The exam is held in two stages – Stage-I and Stage-II. There are different eligibility criteria for both the stages of the exam
Eligibility Criteria for Stage 1-
- Entrance Exam Stage-I conducted by State or UT bodies. Only Indian students are eligible to appear in this level of entrance exam.
- The students studying in Class X at present are eligible for appear for this entrance test.
- Candidates are required to have obtained minimum of 60% marks in their Class IX, in the last academic year.
- Candidates must be studying in a recognized school in the respective State or Union Territory.
- SC, ST and PH category candidates will get a relaxation of 5% and the maximum marks they must have obtained in their Class IX is 55% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates who are registered under Open Distance Learning are also eligible for the scholarship examination, if he/she is below the age of 18 years as on July 1, 2017 and are not employed while appearing for Class X exam.
Eligibility Criteria for Stage-2
- Candidates, scoring 80% marks or above in the State level exam which is Stage-1 gets eligible for Stage-II to be held at National level.
- All students who score the minimum required marks in Stage-II get eligible for the scholarship program.
- All eligible students, who are interested to appear in scholarship programs, are required to get register for the same. After examination of applications, only eligible candidates are allowed to appear in the scholarship exam.
For more details and information on NTSE, you can visit www.motchashma.com