Just the way you find many branches in the medical field, you will find many branches, when it comes to studying and mastering law. You will find branches such as,
- Divorce law (for handling divorce or separation related cases)
- Property dispute law (to deal the disputes related to property)
- Medicinal practice law (which involves taking care of cases that involve medical malpractice)
- Personal injury law (to handle the cases of the employees)
One of such branches in the legal field is intellectual property law.
Intellectual Property Solicitors
Intellectual property solicitors, as the name says are legal advisors specializing in the rules and laws that are associated with intellectual property law. These professionals will be trained specially for handling the cases that involve the disputes related to intellectual property.
Intellectual property law is divided into two different categories and is explained below.
- The first type is the industrial property law. It involves the disagreements related to trademarks, inventions that are patented by the inventor, industrial designs and finally the source and its geographic suggestions.
- Most of the issues even arise in the world of literature, because of the falsification of poems, novels, plays, and films. The issues will also include the problems related to paintings, drawings, sculptures and photography, architectural designs and the other kinds of artistic works. Such disputes will be listed under the other kind of the intellectual law that is Copyright law.
Work of the Intellectual Property Solicitors
The intellectual property lawyers handle the issues that are related to four different fields such as trademark law, copyright law, patent law, and trade secret law.
When you hire an intellectual property solicitor, the IP attorney will start reviewing the logo, product, service and invention and other such intellectual properties that you are willing to protect. Here, your actual work is to collect information on your intellectual property and make the IP attorney to help you protect it. If the IP attorney is convinced that you are genuine to your words, then the lawyer will surely help you protect your intellectual property.
The IP attorney will first conduct thorough investigation about whether or not any other company or a person has claimed protection for the same logo, invention or the product, which you are willing to protect. They will then decide the right way of approaching the case, which can make it to be definitely in your favor.
The next procedure involves the IP attorney submitting necessary documents with the patent or trademark or copyright application on your behalf, in the US Copyright or Trademark or the Patent Office. The documentation involves all the required forms that will surely support your case, in an organized manner.
The involvement of an IP attorney is very necessary to decide the dispute related to the logo, patent, trademark, or even the copyright, between the two involved parties. Here, the lawyer will not only initiate the discussions between the two parties involved, but will also help them with the rulings and decisions that come with intellectual property case.