If you consider the road accident statistics on a global level, nearly 1.3 million people die every year due to road accidents. In addition, a figure between 20 to 50 million people are severely injured or disabled due to such accidents. These statistics are absolutely daunting and should be more than sufficient to act as an eye-opener. Road accidents occur to people between the ages of 15 and 44 in a majority. Road accidents are often caused by human error and there are a few cases where the reason is simply unfortunate. Road safety has been enforced vigorously in the entire country but evidently it is just not enough to reduce the speed by which these frightening statistics are escalating. There are several campaigns held on the road regarding safety which driving, riding and pedestrian crossings. It does have some impact but it is not enough. Youngsters are very rash when they are on the road and sometimes they do lose control no matter how good they are with the bike. Some of them wish to perform bike stunts on a road where several commoners travel. This is extremely dangerous. Speed sure is fun but it has to be contained and handled with care.
In this article, we will focus on how riders should maintain their safety while riding on the road. There are several causes for bike accidents to be caused apart from the negligence and carelessness of the rider. In certain instances, they are hit by a motor vehicle that do not have control or have not gauged the distance between their vehicle and the rider. Uneven paths can cause friction between the wheel and the road and lead to accidents. The damage can be magnified if the rider does not use the appropriate speed to control the bike. During rainy reasons, a lot of bikers skid due to the wet surface. But, in most cases, human error is involved in some form or the other. This has to be diminished by ensuring safety of our own. Therefore, there has been a lot of emphasis of the use of motorcycle helmets by bike riders. Check out some of the reasons why you should get a motorcycle helmet today if you are a biker:
- It safeguards your head from severe injuries. Even if there are minor injuries, it does not cause any permanent damage or fatality.
- Helmets make the car drivers and other vehicles notice you better. Not that you aren’t visible yourself but it is obvious
- It is the law. This law is enforced strictly for the safety of riders.
- It protects you from dust and other road debris. This could seriously compromise your vision while you are riding the bike.
- It protects your face and head from all seasons. From a tan to a gush of cold water hitting your face.
Wear motorcycle helmets and ensure safety. Only you can ensure your safety, no one else can take the initiative for you!