In case you have recently cut down a tree at your outdoor yard, the next step is to get rid of unsightly stump. You can either dig it by hand or can grind it. Some plan to burn the stump or use any other form of chemical stump remover. You have to choose the most effective stump removal method, which can work best for your root structure. If you are a novice in this segment, you would like to take help of professionals, for better results. Removing the tree trunks is not that easy, if you are not quite acquainted with the proper measures to follow.
What Makes Removal of Stumps Easier?
There are different factors, which can talk about the importance of tree stumps, and how easily it can be removed. In maximum instances, the size and age of trees can be the best indicators to deal with the right stump removal difficulty. If the stump is old, it is going to be easier to remove the stump from the ground. Just like that, there are certain small stumps, which can easier to remove, when compared with the larger ones. Another significant thing is to choose the best stump removing method, which can act in your favor. Depending on the number of stumps used to remove, the method might vary from one procedure to another.
Removing Stumps Properly:
In case, removing of stumps cannot be taken down with manual labor, you need to take help of mechanical methods, for the same result.
- There are certain grinding machines available, which can weight some way around 1000 pounds, and the pay, can take place in between $100 to 4200, on rental basis. It is not quite a good idea to buy these machines as these are quite expensive.
- Along with the grinding machines, you might have to take help of other tools or equipment, for best result, associated with Stump removal technicality. Those are mattock, shovel, rake and a chainsaw. Make sure to hire these products and return the products, after your work is done.
- For the primary step, you need to use a mattock or shovel or to clear out the rocks, situated around the stumps. Make sure to cut away the stump, as much as you can, with the help of a chainsaw. Make sure to get in the ground level, if you can.
- With the help of hydraulic level, you can raise the grinder wheel to just some inches from the ground, and just above the stump. After turning the machine on, lower the speed to about 3 inches, just inside the stump. Make sure to move the lever from one side to another, for cutting down the stump, from the roots.
- After grinding down to nearly 4 inches with the help of the grinder wheel, it is time to move the machine forward. You are asked to repeat the procedure, unless the stump is just 4 inches, below the ground level.
- Always remember that a stump grinder is quite dangerous equipment, and must be handled with care. Therefore, it is better to wear protective gear, whenever you want to take help of this grinding machine. Moreover, you need to wear protective glasses or goggles, as debris, and wooden chips will tend to fly everywhere, after coming in contact with grinding machine.
It is better to have someone as your helping hand while focusing towards Stump removal method. You can even train your hands somewhere else, before bringing the machine home. In case, you can only one or two stumps to be removed, the companies will not charge you with more than $100 to $200. You just need to be aware of the best stump removal methods, before investing the final result.