Residents in Florida, especially those who live near the coast know that an emergency can occur anytime. High winds, tropical storms, heavy rains, fire are all disasters that can render your home damaged or unlivable. Finding a company that provides emergency restoration services for those emergency situations can help prevent further damage, insure safety of the home, business or grounds, and help to eliminate or prevent conditions that can damage your health.
What are Emergency Restoration Services?
Emergency restoration services are usually offered by companies to help people whose homes have been destroyed by fire, storms or other disasters. Services are normally offered 7 days a week 24 hours a day so that you can immediate help should an emergency occur.
Emergency restoration services like Fireservice Disaster Kleenup usually extend from the initial emergency call, through out the entire restoration process and they get paid for their service by your insurance company.
Specific Service Emergency Restoration Services Provide
Emergency restoration services actually is composed of a variety of services provided to the home or business owner. Some of these services include:
- Assessment of Damages- Before any restoration can begin, the Restoration Company needs to make a complete assessment of damage and identify any hazards that could effectively stall or slow their ability to begin work as well as pose a safety hazard to you, your family or your employees. The restoration company will normally issue a report on the extent of the damage, where the damage occurs, and any safety issues workers need to be aware of.
- Clean-up- Once the assessment is completed and the possible dangers are identified and dealt with then the restoration team usually begins clean up of the damage. During the clean up process, the restoration crew will set aside those items that can be salvaged and when possible cleans them up for you. During the clean up process they prepare the area for the actual restoration to take place.
- Temporary Emergency Repairs. Oftentimes, in order to prevent any additional damage from occurring while clean up and permanent restoration is being carried out, temporary repair measures need to be carried out. Examples of temporary repairs may include shutting off gas or electric, using tarps to prevent rain from entering through damage roofs, and boarding up broken windows to keep out rain and secure the property for safety purposes.
- Sanitation and Mold Removal. Once the clean up is done the restoration company may take steps to provide sanitation services and remove mold and mildew from the home. Killing bacteria and removing mold and mildew that can cause serious health problems in the future. Providing sanitation and mold removal services as soon as possible is especially important if the home remains livable while restoration is taking place.
- Complete Restoration. Of course the goal of any restoration service is to restore the home or business to its original pre-emergency condition and most emergency restoration services continues to work until complete restoration is achieved.
There are a number of company’s in Florida that offers emergency restoration services to the citizens of this state, so should an emergency arise, finding the help you need is just a phone call away.