Bangalore is famous as the Silicon Valley of India, thanks to its booming I.T. industry. The high skilled techno people in Bangalore enjoy a good lifestyle and excellent food.
Bangalore is also called as Garden City thanks to its greenery. The city hosts many events everyday that adds to the surrounding buzz. The nightlife in Bangalore is particularly famous because of its many Discos and pubs spread throughout the city.
Here is a list of events to be staged in Bangalore in early days of February 2015:
- Life Dart 5k Run: Rotary Bangalore (3190) Indira Nagar district along with Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (Bangalore) will bring the first edition of its fundraising program ‘LIFE DART 5K RUN.’ The revenue from this event will be given to BOSCO, an N.G.O working with children at risk in the city. BOSCO was begun by some Salesian students of Christu Jyothi College in 1980 to help street children who struggled to survive in the city. The event is set for Sunday, February 01, 2015 at 06:30 am at SIBM Bangalore, Phase 1, Electronics City, and Hosur Road, Bangalore.
- Bhuta Shuddhi: To be held on Sunday, February 01 to Monday, February 02 2015 at Yoga Binge, 80 feet road, Koramangala. This program is based on the premise that the entire creation is made of five elements: Wind, Earth, Space, Water and Fire. The physical and mental wellbeing of a human being is via purification of these five elements. Bhuta shuddhi is a yoga system, which achieves this purification. This Yoga class will be held on February 1st, 2015 from 11.30 am to 1.30 pm and costs Rs 3000.
- Foundation Course (Dry Needling) for Myofascial Pain Syndrome: It is to be held at Neuromusculoskeletal Rehabilitation Centre, Anjanapuram Layout. Myofascial trigger points are a usual feature of all pain syndromes such as fibromyalgia. To treat the condition, manual therapies are useful including dry needle injection.
- Flea Market: It is to be held at Safina Plaza from February 2nd to February 28.
- Safar 8: A presentation on beginnings of civilization by Anu Nagappa at Indira nagar, on February 2nd.
- Open Call: Global art for global peace, Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam hosts 4th edition of its International Art Camp. Date is February 4th.
- World Pool 2015: To be held on February 4th at Christ University, it embodies the concept of a global cultural whirlpool through numerous exhibits.
- Chronic Blue Circus: It is to be hosted by Humming Tree Bangalore, in Indira Nagar on February 4th, 2015. This band is famous for its clean sound, unique arrangements and original music. They, usually, play their own compositions and also a few tributes to the masters of Blues, who have influenced their music.
These are some of the upcoming events in the city of Bangalore.
Author’s Bio: She is a second year student of Journalism in a leading college in Bangalore. She keeps tabs on various cultural and other events in the city. She contributes articles to the website eventshigh.com.